History at KS5
Students of History at A Level currently study Edexcel’s Route C which consists in Year 12 of:
- Britain, 1625-1701: conflict, revolution and settlement and focus upon the causes of the English Civil War, the Interregnum, the Restoration and Glorious Revolution
- Russia in Revolution 1894-1924
Students in Year 13 currently study:
- Civil Rights and Race Relations in the USA 1850-2009
- Coursework is the fourth unit on Thatcher’s Britain 1979-90
- Paper 1, option 1C on Britain 1625-1701 exam is 2hrs 15mins long and the students will need to answer 3 questions, one source question and two others; one being a breadth and the other being a depth style essay. This unit is worth 30% of the total A Level.
- Paper 2, option 2C on Russia 1894-1924 is 1hr 20mins long and students need to answer two question, one of which uses sources. This accounts for 20% of the final A Level grade.
- Paper 3, option 39.1 on Civil Rights 1850-2009 exam is 2hrs 15mins long and students are required to answer 3 questions, one source based essay and one breadth and one depth question. This paper is worth 30% of the final A Level grade.
- Paper 4 is the Personal Study which is a piece of coursework completed as homework and submitted to the school by Easter. This unit is worth 20% of the final A Level grade.